WIMUN Geneva Online 2021
WFUNA International Model United Nations Geneva Online
- Nov 05 - Nov 14, 2021
- 300 Delegates
- $129.00 Fee
Delegate Applications01 Apr 2021 - 04 Nov 2021
Observer Applications01 Apr 2021 - 04 Nov 2021
Delegation Applications01 Apr 2021 - 04 Nov 2021
The REAL UN Experience At Home
WFUNA International Model UN is organized by the World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA), an International NGO with Category One Consultative Status at the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC); Associate Status with the United Nations Department of Global Communications (DGC) and the United Nations Organization for Education Science and Culture (UNESCO), and consultative or liaison links with many other UN organizations and agencies.
WIMUN is the most accurate and realistic simulation of the United Nations and features the WIMUN approach, extensive training resources, and briefings on important agenda items by UN Staff or other experts on the agenda.
At WIMUN, we aim to foster global citizenship in our youth by educating them on current and relevant issues that the United Nations and international community is facing and to equip them with the skills to research, negotiate, and resolve those issues together. All topics discussed at WIMUN are current items being considered by the UN itself on its Agenda, and participants are offered UN resources and documentation to prepare for the sessions.
In order to allow students to engage with Model UN, even during COVID-19 related lockdowns, WFUNA is moving its award-winning WIMUN Geneva conference online to give participants the unique opportunity to learn about current world affairs and the United Nations, while honing their public speaking, negotiation, and debating skills - all from the comfort and safety of their home.
Rating4.3 out of 5
Top Rated MUN
This is a Top Rated series of conferences - it has consistently been rated with 4 or more stars!
World Health Assembly 3
- Strengthening infodemic management
General Assembly Fourth Committee
- International Cooperation in the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space
UN Environment Assembly 1
- Marine Plastic Litter and Microplastics
- Peacebuilding, natural resource management and climate-related security risks
General Assembly Third Committee
- Supporting the social inclusion of refugees
Commission on the Status of Women
- Women’s empowerment and the link to sustainable development
Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice
- International Legal Framework on Firearms and the Sustainable Development Goals
UN Youth Council
- Youth Participation in Peace Processes
UN Environment Assembly 2
- Loss of Biodiversity
World Health Assembly 1
- Promoting the Health of Refugees and Migrants and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
World Health Assembly 2
- Global Agenda on Health, Environment and Climate Change