Victorian Model United Nations Conference
- Hawthorn, Australia
- Apr 21 - Apr 23, 2017
- 100 Delegates
- $95.00 Fee
Delegate Applications16 Mar 2017 - 20 Apr 2017
Chair Applications15 Mar 2017 - 17 Mar 2017
The Victorian Model United Nations Conference (VICMUN) is a three day event which explores in the intricacies of diplomacy in an organised and professional setting. The event will be hosted at Swinburne University of Technology for the first time in 2017, and will see between 100-150 delegates from around Australia attend and participate in debate. Unfortunately due to Australian Visa requirements and the timing of the conference, we will be unable to host international attendees.
Rating4.13 out of 5
Top Rated MUN
This is a Top Rated series of conferences - it has consistently been rated with 4 or more stars!
Disarmament and International Security 1GA
- Protection of non-combatants in the use of automated weaponry
- Cyber warfare: mitigating damage to civilian infrastructure
Human Rights Council
- The Question of Freedom of Religion
- The Question of Human Rights Abuses in Detention.
Economic and Financial Council 2GA
- International patenting and ease of access to patented drugs in developing nations.
- The prioritization of trading with developing nations.
Group of 20
- The question of the relevance of agreements such as Trade Facilitation Agreement, NAFTA, TPP in the present global trade environment.
- The question of Global Tax Evasion and Tax Haven Countries in the G20.
North Atlantic Treaty Organisation
- Nuclear weapons sharing reform
- The question of Ukraine
- The Question of Libyan Reconstruction
- The Question of the Lake Chad Crisis
- "The integration of defense systems within the European Union"
- The rise of far right groups in Europe