University Of Saint La Salle-Model United Nations
- Bacolod City, Philippines
- Oct 15 - Oct 17, 2018
- 450 Delegates
Sustainability amidst Vulnerability. Conceptualize and Revitalize the future
This will be an opportunity for college and high-school students alike to engage in simulations of the United Nations Committees. As part of the growing advocacy to spread the word about the only MUN procedure developed by the UN Department of Public Information, the political science students organized an event that will conform to such practice. This will be the first time UN4MUN format will be used in the Philippines.
We aim to cultivate the future diplomats by encouraging them to open their minds to create solutions that could be considered out of the box, enhancing their skills such as research, negotiation, and cooperation between each delegate. For every step a future diplomat makes is a path towards the world that we envision, we, after all, make the change that we would like to see.
"JOIN US AS WE INITIALIZE THE CHANGE WE WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD ."
For further information please visit our website. https://uslsmun2018.wixsite.com/website
- 1. Strengthening Mechanisms for the peaceful diffusion of conflict.
- 2. The role of cybersecurity in maintaining international peace.
Human Rights Council
- 1. Rohingya atrocities; a threat in the region.
- 2. Delving into the inequality of Female Genital Mutilation; Moving towards the creation of a solution to an extreme form of discrimination.
Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- 1. Brexit; Preparing for a Sustainable Economic and Social Development affecting Global Economy.
- 2. Tariff War; Affecting the Global Trade and Economy. Promote, Provide and Sustain Global Development.
- 1. Pursue Negotiations in Good Faith on Effective Measures Relating to Nuclear Disarmament.
- 2. Advancing Solutions to Ensure a Sustainable Environment
Shena Rose Lumangyao