University College Utrecht Model United Nations
- Utrecht, Netherlands
- Apr 01 - Apr 03, 2016
- 200 Delegates
- €50.00 Fee
Delegate Applications02 Dec 2015 - 15 Feb 2017
Chair Applications02 Dec 2015 - 15 Feb 2016
Delegation Applications02 Dec 2015 - 15 Feb 2016
Want to discuss international migration? Come to UCUMUN 2016!
A 3-day conference held in the historic city of Utrecht, on the International campus of University College Utrecht. All topics focus heavily on international migration, it's origins, consequences and how to approach it in the future.
- Increasing and ensuring the safety of transport and general security of refugees by sea.
- Crisis scenario in the city of Aleppo.
United Nations Human Rights Council
- Securing the particular vulnerability of women, children and elderly in mass migration.
- Measures to secure the rights to food and prevent food insecurity.
Third General Assembly (Social, Humanitarian & Cultural)
- Measures for cultural heritage preservation in high conflict zones in the Middle East and Northern Africa.
- Addressing the question of policies towards equal distribution of migrants across the globe.
- Mass migration of Europeans to America in 1800’s (impact of Irish/Italian culture)
- Partition of India-Pakistan and subsequent migration crisis
International Court of Justice
- Hungary’s parliament passes law allowing the army to use rubber bullets, tear gas grenades and net guns against refugees
- A country such as Greece, Turkey or Italy refuses to accept refugees or do not welcome them