The British School of Warsaw Model United Nations
- Warsaw, Poland
- Mar 17 - Mar 19, 2017
- 200 Delegates
- €40.00 Fee
Delegate Applications16 Dec 2016 - 09 Feb 2017
Observer Applications16 Dec 2016 - 09 Feb 2017
Delegation Applications16 Dec 2016 - 09 Feb 2017
TBS MUN 2017 is a wonderful opportunity for the international student community to come together in Warsaw, the heart of Poland, and debate issues of current importance. Our topic this year is Maintaining Order and Preventing Crime in the Cyber age - encouraging participants to consider the solutions to global issues taking into account the rapidly changing world around us. The 2017 edition of our conference will be held primarily at the school's new IB College, where we hope the modern interior and spacious rooms will encourage a heated and fruitful debate.
- Combating the use of social media by the so-called Islamic State (ISIS) in the recruitment and indoctrination of European nationals.
- The situation in North Korea - Combating extremist government propaganda and threats to international security.
- Improving the EU's cyber defence systems and recovering from the cyber attacks between Ukraine and Russia in relation to the malware attack on the Ukrainian power grid in December 2015.
Economic and Social Council
- Economic and social preparations for the international implications of Post-Brexit Europe.
World Health Organization
- Addressing the spread, containment and effects of the Zika Virus
- Measures to limit the extent of physical and psychological damage resulting from overworking in Eastern Asia
UN Office on Drugs and Crime
- Addressing the issue of increased demand for and trafficking of illicit substances over the US-Mexican border
- Recognising excellence in combatting corruption
Disarmament and International Security Committee
- The Satan II missile and its implications for nuclear proliferation
Economic and Financial Committee
- Preventing white collar crimes as a threat brought about by the digitalisation of international transactions and banks.
World Trade Organization
- The Cuban Embargo - Fostering the development of international trade with Cuba