Szczecin Model United Nations
- Szczecin, Poland
- Nov 16 - Nov 18, 2017
- 160 Delegates
- €25.00 Fee
Delegate Applications13 Aug 2017 - 10 Nov 2017
The word Stetimun is essentially made up from two parts: Steti referring to the name of our city Szczecin (Stettin) and MUN which is an abbreviation from Model United Nations. It is a conference that is held annually in II Liceum Ogólnokształcące in Szczecin and brings together young students from Poland as well as rest of Europe. Szczecin Model United Nations is an outstanding opportunity for students to engage in global issues and learn the principles of international politics. Not only does it help the delegates in developing their discussion skills, but also teaches how to search for a compromise in delicate matters. What is more it is a wonderful opportunity to make international friends and have a lot of fun all the way.
Rating4.61 out of 5
Top Rated MUN
This is a Top Rated series of conferences - it has consistently been rated with 4 or more stars!
- Gun restrictions for civilian people as a way to stop the acts of terrorism and weaponized assaults.
- Migration crisis: ways of controlling the flow of refugees and illegal immigrants as a measurement to prevent the spread of terrorism and terrorists across the Europe.
United Nations Development Programme
- Averting famine in South Sudan, Somalia, Nigeria and Yemen.
- Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or intersex status in Asia
International Criminal Court
- Case of Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen. King Salman of Saudi Arabia is going to be prosecuted on the charges of breaking the law of the Rome Statute.
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Combating the increasing problem of legal highs
- Human trafficking with focus on sexual slavery in south Asia
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- The limitation and control of information flow used as a political weapon.
- Removal of the symbols of former totalitarian systems as a way of whitewashing history.
United Nations Economic and Social Council
- The gender pay gap – how to avoid unequal salaries against the background of gender?
- Emphasizing international cooperation against the problem of migrant smuggling
United Nations Human Rights Council
- Putting an end to the practice of organ harvesting
- Undertaking measures to eradicate forced labour and debt bondage