SheffMUN VIII 2018
Sheffield Model United Nations Conference
- Sheffield, United Kingdom
- Nov 30 - Dec 02, 2018
- 100 Delegates
- £20.00 Fee
Delegate Applications17 Aug 2018 - 23 Nov 2018
The conference willl bring together up to 100 university students from across Europe and the world for a three-day simulation of United Nations Committees.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about the United Nations, its working methods, its mission, aims and scope, as well as a better appreciation of world politics and international affairs.
We will also be hosting two nights of amazing socials, with a three-course dinner on Saturday night at the Novotel, and a bar crawl on Friday Night at Revolution, West Street Live, and Bierkeller (all on the famous West Street).
United Nations Environment Programme
- Topic A: Hazardous waste management.
- Topic B: Ensuring access to safe drinking water in the developing states.
Food and Agriculture Organization
- Topic A: Preventing food loss and food waste and achieving sustainable consumption according to the 2030 Agenda and the SDG no.12.
- Topic B: Enhancing women's role in Agriculture according to SDG no.5.
United Nations Security Council
- Topic A: Nuclear threat on the Korean Peninsula.
- Topic B: Use of Nuclear Weapons and State Sponsored Terrorism in South Asia.
Filippos Apostolos Karakonstantinos