Reims International Model United Nations
- Reims, France
- 1 Place Museux
- Mar 25 - Mar 27, 2022
- 350 Delegates
- €60.00 Fee
Delegate Applications04 Dec 2021 - 01 Feb 2022
Chair Applications04 Dec 2021 - 16 Jan 2022
Delegation Applications30 Nov 2021 - 07 Feb 2022
It is with great pleasure that the team of the Reims International Model United Nations invites you to our 11th annual conference: RIMUN 2022.
From March 25 to the 27th, 2022, more than 350 university and high school students will gather on the Reims campus of Sciences Po Paris (1 Place Museux, Reims 51100) to debate, negotiate, and solve pressing global issues.
Sciences Po Paris Reims campus, host of Euro-American and Euro-African studies, is part of the network of French schools of excellence, which ranks 2nd in the QS 2021 ranking in "Political Science and International Relations". In view of this ecosystem, it is our ambition to participate in establishing the MUN culture on French territory.
Our 3-day conference will present an exciting and innovative model of the United Nations with English or French committees for all levels of expertise, from beginner to advanced, under the central theme "Shifting the spotlights: amplifying your voices". In these times of increasing polarization, our hope is that RIMUN22 committee topics will touch the delegates’ interests to unite them in pushing forward any subjugated opinions and struggles, even though controversial, to figure out issues at core, while collaborating with each other to solve contemporary transnational challenges.
On Friday the 11th, the RIMUN opening ceremony will be held in a landmark of Reims: the saloons of the town hall. Over the past 10 years, RIMUN’s opening ceremony has hosted guest speakers such as Mrs. Isabelle Hudson, Ambassador of Canada to France, or Mr. Jean-Maurice Ripert, former French Ambassador to Russia and China, as well as diplomats and foreign affairs experts from around the world. This year will be no exception. In addition to diplomats, this 11th edition will be honored by the presence of the newly elected president of Sciences Po Mathias Vicherat, but also of the RIMUN founder and 2011 president, Alessandra Pocco Rozzi, today advisor at the Cabinet of Sophie Wilmès, Belgian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign Affairs. After the ceremony, our participants are treated to a cocktail of Reims' special sparkling wine: champagne.
The conference will also include a gala at the UNESCO World Heritage Palais du Tau on the night of Saturday the 12th. The Palais du Tau is situated at the foot of the Reims cathedral and used to be the place in which the Kings of France, after being coronated, would go with their court and other nobles to celebrate. In addition to the exceptional academic experience, RIMUN promises an overall experience driven by building friendships and networking while partying as queens and kings.
If you would like to learn more about our previous MUNs and learn more about our committees and topics this year, please visit our website at rimun.net or our Facebook Ray Moon and Instagram @rimun.reims.
For any inquiries about attending the conference, please feel free to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general inquiries please contact: email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you to Reims in February!
The RIMUN team.
United Nations Entity for Gender Equality (UNWOMEN) - Beginner
- Ensuring the protection of transgender rights
World Health Organization (WHO) - Beginner
- Inclusion of mental health services as part of public health coverage.
Human Rights Council - Intermediate
- Ensuring the Freedom of the Press: the protection of journalists against arbitrary detention and violence.
Crisis Committee - Intermediate
- January 6th, 2021 Storming of the US Capital: how politicians, the media, and actors of the city are able to determine or deter the realisation of a governmental coup.
United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) - Intermediate
- Setting the principles for international trade integration agreements to yield equal benefits for all participants
Luz M Guerrero Carrillo
United Nations Security Council (UNSC) - Advanced
- Reforming the UN Security Council: addressing the questions of veto power, permanent membership, regional representation, and the creation of more new seats
Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) - Advanced
- The Pre-Trial of Slobodan Milosevic: facing 66 counts of crimes against humanity, genocide, and war crimes committed during the Yugoslav Wars
Giorgia Bianca Colongo
Organisation des Nations Unies pour l'Éducation, la Science et la Culture) UNESCO - Débutant
- Rapatriement des biens culturels : retourner les objets pillés en raison du colonialisme, de l’impérialisme ou de la guerre, à leur pays d’origine.
Office des Nations Unies contre la Drogue et la Crime (ONUDC) - Débutant
- Prévenir et éliminer le commerce international illégal de drogues.
Comité de Crise - Intermédiaire
- Assurer la paix dans la région du Sahara-Sahel après le décès du président tchadien Idriss Deby.
L'Assemblée Constitutionnelle - Intermédiaire
- VIe République : rédiger une nouvelle constitution.
Commission du Désarmement de l'Organisation des Nations Unies (CDONU) - Intermédiaire
- La guerre d'Algérie 1962 : instaurer une gouvernance pacifique après les accords d'Evian.
Conseil de Sécurité des Nations Unies - Avancé
- Réformer le Conseil de Sécurité des Nations Unies : aborder les questions du droit de veto, du statut de membre permanent, de la représentation régionale et de la redéfinition du nombre de membres.