PORG Model United Nations
- Prague, Czechia
- Apr 06 - Apr 09, 2017
- 216 Delegates
- €30.00 Fee
Delegate Applications01 Dec 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
Delegation Applications01 Dec 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
PORGMUN is a four-day conference simulating the real United Nations, its structure and modus operandi. This year’s conference will be hosting eleven committees, including the Security Council, the African Union and the International Court of Justice, each with its own topics and themes. As a delegate, you will represent your country’s stance and opinions in the debates.
Rating4.03 out of 5
Top Rated MUN
This is a Top Rated series of conferences - it has consistently been rated with 4 or more stars!
World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Creating universal morality guidelines for research in the field of genetic modification of human embryos.
- Assuring womens' health by globally promoting safe abortion procedures in cases of involuntary pregnancies arising from sexual violence.
Legal Committee (LC)
- R2P: Responsibility to Protect – the Past and the Future of International Efforts to Prevent Mass Atrocities.
- Overcoming the Deadlock in Defining and Combating International Terrorism.
Sustainable Development Committee (SDC)
- Sustainable agricultural and agronomic innovation for food self-sufficiency of LDCs.
- Personal transportation as a significant contributor to climate change: the strive for more affordable and efficient alternatives.
Human Rights Council (HRC)
- Debating on freedom of religious expression in nations affected by terror attacks and/or threats.
- Resolving cultural and logistical obstacles to contraceptives: promoting social and economic rights of women.
Special Political and Decolonization Committee (SPDC)
- Kurdistan: solving the issue of the largest nation without a sovereign territory.
- The future of refugees: the question of assimilation versus repatriation.
Historical Security Council (HSC)
- Cuban Missile Crisis: mediating a sustainable and mutually beneficial approach to protect peace and security
African Union (AU)
- Strengthening African states by regionally shifting towards an export-based industrial economy, focusing specifically on disadvantaged land-locked states.
- Political crisis in Burundi: establishing a redistribution system for regional migrants and providing them with a social safety net.
Special Conference on Energetics (SCE)
- Carbon offsetting and other innovative methods of reducing emissions while staying competitive.
- Resource entitlement: defining the minimum environmental and financial conditions of fossil fuel exploitation by transnational corporations.
Drugs and Crime Committee (DCC)
- Reevaluating the war on drugs and updating international legislation on illegal substances.
- Transparent ownership one year after the Panama papers.