Model United Nations France
- Lille, France
- 9 rue Angellier
- Mar 15 - Mar 17, 2019
- 150 Delegates
- €50.00 Fee
Delegate Applications31 Dec 2018 - 13 Mar 2019
Delegation Applications31 Dec 2018 - 13 Mar 2019
"Diplomacy: building bridges, not walls"
MUNFrance is an annual Model United Nations conference, initiated by MUNWALK Sciences Po Lille, and hosted in partnership with three other MUN societies: Stras’Diplomacy (Sciences Po Strasbourg), MUNTO (University of Tours), and MUNICE (University of Nice Sophia Antipolis).
The partnership aims to promote democratic debate and international negotiation, and to introduce students to the art of diplomacy. Further objectives include improving students’ level of English, their capacity to debate and negotiate international subjects, and their knowledge of the internal workings of the UN system.
The 2019 edition of MUNFrance will take place in Lille, from 15 to 17 March. Under the motto "Diplomacy: building bridges, not walls", participants will represent one of the 193 UN members, defending their country’s positions during three days of debates and negotiations in 5 committees:
- Security Council - "The Crisis in Venezuela"
- Historical Security Council - "The Suez Crisis"
- Commission on the Status of Women - "Promoting the Involvement of Women in Politics" and "Combatting Wage Inequality and Other Disadvantages for Women"
- Social, Cultural and Humanitarian Committee (reserved for high school students only) - "Tackling Child, Early, and Forced Marriages".
The MUNFrance Secretariat looks forward to welcoming you its 2019 edition, hosted by MUNWALK Sciences Po Lille.
Rating4.25 out of 5
Top Rated MUN
This is a Top Rated series of conferences - it has consistently been rated with 4 or more stars!
- The Crisis in Venezuela
Historical Security Council - Suez Crisis
- Suez Crisis
Social, Cultural and Humanitarian Committee (SOCHUM)
- Tackling child, early and forced marriage
UN Commission on the Status of Women
- Promoting the involvement of women in politics
- Combatting wage inequality and disadvantageous opportunities for women