TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: HTTPS://TIUMUN.COM
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT:
Since its founding in 2016, TIUMUN has been supporting,
advocating, examining and simulating the UN Model. In 2018, on this foundation,
we successfully organized our first annual MUN conference, MUN@TIU
Being located at one of Japan's most international
universities, we truly offer a diverse experience with members and participants
coming from all over Japan and the globe. Despite our young age, TIUMUN is
constantly growing on the path toward new opportunities and new challenges.
In 2019, our team will host the MUN@TIU
2019 conference from May 24th to 26th at
Tokyo International University in Saitama, Japan.
Cherished by the TIUMUN Team, MUN@TIU
2019 seeks to tackle critical issues that have yet to be addressed
sufficiently on the international level, thereby giving our delegates the
opportunity to exercise their skills in creative problem-solving. The
conference’s theme is “A NEW WORLD ORDER: THE FALL OF THE GIANTS?”
and participants can join one of the two following committees:
1. The General Assembly: Reforming the
United Security Council
- Agenda: Discussing the United Nations Security
Council (UNSC) Reform with regards to categories of membership and the question
of the veto held by the five permanent members,
2. The World Trade Organization:
Addressing the US-China Trade War
- Agenda: Resolving trade dispute between the US
and China through discussions on WTO agreements regarding three main trade
factors: government subsidies, intellectual property, and tariffs.
- Early Bird Ticket – ¥4000 (Feb 15 – Feb 25): access
to pre-conference workshops, MUN@TIU 2019 conference, and social
events, lunches, dinners. Early Bird participants are also entitled to
the following benefits:
- 20% discount participation fee. (as shown above)
- Priority check-in.
- Exclusive delegate package.
- Regular Ticket – ¥5000 (Feb 25 – March 25): access to pre-conference workshops, MUN@TIU 2019 conference and social events, lunches, dinners.
- Group Ticket – ¥4000~¥4500 (Feb 25 – March 25):
access to pre-conference workshops, MUN@TIU 2019 conference and social
events, lunches, dinners. To apply as a group, simply select “Yes” in
the group option when filling our your individual registration form.
Participants applying as a group are also entitled to the following
- 5% cumulative discount for every person you have in the group. Maximum 20% discount:
- 2-people group: 10% off.
- 3-people group: 15% off.
- 4-people group and above: 20% off.
- Priority group check-in.
- To be eligible for Group Ticket, participants must be from the same institution. (high school, university, grad school, etc…)
- Early Bird Ticket is not eligible for group discount.
- You cannot add new members to your group once you have submitted your registration.
- All members of the group must complete their own registration form.
- Observer Ticket – Free: access to conference and social events. MEALS NOT INCLUDED. Please use the Contact Us form to apply as an observer.
- Bank transfer: After submitting your registration
form, please give us maximum 3 days to process and send you the
confirmation e-mail with payment information.
- PayPal*: TBA (We are working to finalize this
payment method. Please check our social media or subscribe to our
newsletter for more announcement.)
- Bank Transfer: the deadline for payment is TWO weeks after the date of registration.
- Paypal: TBA.
Any request for cancellation must be made ONE WEEK before the
conference AT THE LATEST. Only 50% of the participation fee will be
- Early Bird Ticket: you can transfer your ticket only during the Early Bird period.
- Regular Ticket: you can transfer your ticket to another participant within 2 weeks from the date of your registration.
- Group Ticket: not eligible.