Maastricht Model United Nations
- Maastricht, Netherlands
- Jun 14 - Jun 16, 2019
- 250 Delegates
"Uniting and empowering youth for international peace, development, and a sustainable future"
Welcome to the MaasMUN 2019!
It is our pleasure to invite you to the first ever MUN conference at UWC Maastricht. MaasMUN 2019 will be held from Friday 14th June until Sunday 16th of June 2019. The conference will be aimed at delegates between the ages of 12 and 18.
For one weekend, students from all over the globe have the opportunity to become diplomats. As a Model United Nations conference, it is our vision that delegates who attend leave with a fresh perspective on the world. Our conference mission is: ‘Uniting and empowering youth for international peace, development, and a sustainable future’. As global citizens, it is our duty to educate ourselves on world issues. Through our mission statement, we aim to communicate how participants at MaasMUN will be able to achieve this - discussing and debating the world’s most prevalent problems; preparing them for their role in catalyzing change to help shape the future.
Rating4.25 out of 5
Top Rated MUN
This is a Top Rated series of conferences - it has consistently been rated with 4 or more stars!
DISEC - Disarmament and International Security (GA1)
- Nuclear Disarmament and International Security
- International Cooperation in the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space
SOCHUM - Social, Cultural and Humanitarian Affairs (GA3)
- Modern and inclusive development for people with disabilities
- Combating sexual violence in conflict zones
- Active measures to protect NGO sectors, journalists and activists in conflict zones
- Threats to International Peace and Security Caused by Terrorist Acts
Hamit Alphan Mete
ECOSOC - Economic & Social Council
- Improving the living conditions and future prospects of refugees residing in lesser developed countries
- Taking measures to prevent youth recruitment by criminal or terrorist groups
CCPJ - Commision on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice
- Protecting victims of human trafficking in conflict and post-conflict situations
- Measures against cyber warfare
G20 - Group of Twenty
- Taking measure to improve sanitation and access to drinking water in LEDCs
- Integrating renewable energy in end-use applications, into infrastructure, transport and industry
EC - Environmental Commission
- Taking measures to prevent illegal logging, poaching, and fisheries
- Addressing the rising water levels and their potential threats to the existence of humanity
Thomas Van Laarhoven