Latin America Model United Nations
- Montevideo, Uruguay
- Apr 04 - Apr 07, 2019
- 200 Delegates
Delegation Applications29 Aug 2018 - 11 Mar 2019
LAMUN Conference is is an excellent opportunity to expand on an interest in international relations, politics, economics, law, and global current affairs in general.
The aim of the Conference is to seek through discussion, negotiation and debate, solutions to some of the myriad problems of the world; questions of human rights, discrimination, protection of the environment, economic development, as well as of the critical and perennial issue of war and peace.
Rating4.5 out of 5
Top Rated MUN
This is a Top Rated series of conferences - it has consistently been rated with 4 or more stars!
- The Issue of chemicals weapons used in Syria
- The situation in Nicaragua
- The question of the blockade of Qatar
- Promoting development of new drought-resistant crop varieties to sustain dry lands productivity.
- The question of sustainable air travel.
- Combating poaching and trafficking of protected species of flora and fauna by organised criminal groups.
GA1 - Disarmament and International Security
- Maintaining the Iran Nuclear Deal Framework.
- The threat of cyber interference to democracy.
- The regulation of 3D-printed weapons.
GA2 - Economic and Financial
- Strengthening the national economy of countries dependent on migrant workers´ remittances.
- Establishing international frameworks to finance access to sustainable energy for all.
- Strengthening international cooperation to combat tax evasion and corruption.
Junior Committee - Special Conference 2 - The Rights of Children
- Protecting children in war zones.
- The issue of child marriage.
- Combating child labour.
Junior Committee - Special Conference 1 - Communications in a Globalised World
- The issue of censorship on social media
- Handling of personal data by social media companies
- Ensuring press freedom
GA3 - Social, Humanitarian and Cultural
- Strengthening the mechanism for humanitarian coordination in areas struck by war or natural disaster
- Addressing the humanitarian crisis of the Rohingya people
- Inclusive Development for Persons with Disabilities
GA4 - Special Political and Decolonisation
- The question of the Israeli occupied territories, including East Jerusalem
- Territorial disputes in the South China Sea
- The situation in Venezuela
Human Rights Commission
- Implementing measures to ensure the protection of migrant children’s human rights.
- Improving Human Rights for civilians in Yemen.
- The human rights situation in the Philippines.
GA6 - Legal
- The question of equality before the law and discriminatory criminal legislation.
- The question of euthanasia and the right to die with dignity.
- Addressing the trafficking in persons for the purpose of removal of organs.