JLMUN - IMUNA International Conference
- Mar 07 - Mar 09, 2021
- 150 Delegates
- $15.00 Fee
Delegate Applications25 May 2020 - 15 Feb 2021
Chair Applications28 Apr 2020 - 30 Sep 2020
Delegation Applications01 Sep 2020 - 10 Feb 2021
Update - Taking into consideration the current universal state with regard to the pandemic, it has been decided to change the format of the conference to be online. We strongly believe and are working hard so that the professional, academic, and social level of the conference will be maintained regardless of this new change!
For six years, the Israeli Model United Nations Association (IMUNA) has been hosting international MUN conferences in Israel, which excel through their professionalism, impeccable organization and unforgettable social events.
This year, the IMUNA international conference will once again be hosted by the Hebrew University Model United Nations society (HujiMUN) from the historic city of Jerusalem!
JLMUN 2021 will be leveraging Jerusalem's unique location in the heart of the Middle East as well as its rich history and cultural diversity to offer delegates a one-of-a-kind conference experience!
The theme for JLMUN 2021 is “Presidents and Directors: Leadership in a Complex World”
The word President brings to mind heads of republican states. But presidents are actually the top managers of diverse organizations: associations, commissions, councils, colleges, NGOs, corporations, institutes, companies... Taking inspiration from works by Parag Khanna (How to rule the world), our theme refers to the fact that geopolitics is a game played by diverse private and public stakeholders.
We want to stimulate participants’ sense of leadership and tackle the issue of individual power and responsibility. We will encourage participants to imagine themselves not as mere spokespeople of abstract “delegations” but as real diplomats: complex human beings who must balance the interests of their superiors (be it an employer or a sovereign nation) with their own interests.
Rating4.36 out of 5
Top Rated MUN
This is a Top Rated series of conferences - it has consistently been rated with 4 or more stars!
- The impact of Covid-19 on women's rights (especially domestic violence)
- Representations of women in advertising and other media
- Measures to counteract the global economic recession caused by the COVID 19 pandemic
- Regulating the spread of misinformation on social media
- The situation in Lybia
- Water security
- Ukraine's admission to NATO
- To be announced
- Addressing the Territorial Claims of Turkey, Greece and Cyprus around the Eastern Mediterranean
- Addressing the Militarization of the South China Sea
- To be announced
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Committee (UNHCR)
- 1. Climate change and displacement 2. Countering toxic narratives about refugees and migrants 3. Economic inclusion of refugees 4. Access to education for refugees