International School Of Hellerups Model United Nation Conference
- May 27 - May 29, 2021
- 300 Delegates
International School of Hellerup Model United Nations Conference 2021
Dear Model UN delegations,
We are pleased to introduce you to the International School of Hellerup's (ISH) first-ever Model United Nations conference, planned for the 27th-29th of May 2021. The focus of our conference is human rights and we plan for delegates to participate in a wide range of community service events before the conference. This conference will be held by the upper school Model United Nation students, who are determined to make the first ISHMUN a memorable experience for participating delegates.
We acknowledge the Covid-19 global pandemic and we plan with likely restrictions in mind. Our main priority is the health and safety of our community and guests and we follow the rules and recommendations from the Danish Health Authorities closely in order to ensure the safety of our students and delegates. This is why our conference will take place online through a platform called airmeet. Although our first conference takes place during this pandemic, nonetheless, we aim to move forward to start an intercultural exchange with other international and local learning institutes.
International School of Hellerup is a unique school and we are really proud to be a part of it. As students of ISH, we have developed a great appreciation for diversity and intercultural understanding, as well as unique understandings of human rights as we come from so many different nationalities and experiences. Our vision is to foster a nurturing and respectful environment where all individuals become reflective and active members of society. As an international school, we are committed to these principles and strive to empower our school community to undertake authentic and meaningful action that supports personal, local, and global issues. Similar to all MUN conferences where students can develop their understanding of contemporary world issues by addressing them as diplomats, our MUN conference will provide the ideal combination of a library of knowledge and a platform to deliberate and understand these complex issues.
We hope to see your delegation at the first-ever ISHMUN conference this upcoming spring.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Committee (UNHCR)
- Refugees and the impact of COVID-19
- Protecting the rights of refugee women
UN Commission on the Status of Women
- Promoting the Political Participation of Women
- Female Infanticide in Developing Nations
- The prevention of cyber-terrorism
- Legality and Ethics of Genetic Engineering
The United Nations General Assembly Third Committee (GA3)
- Abolishing the death penalty
- Combating glorification of Nazism, neo-Nazism, and other practices that contribute to fuelling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia, and related intolerance
- Addressing the situation in Yemen
- Discussing the violation against Uyghurs inmates in the Chinese “Re-education” camps
The Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice
- Responses to human trafficking and Other Related Offences
- Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners
Human Rights Council
- Freedom of religion or belief
- The situation of human rights in Eritrea
World Health Organization
- Infectious Disease in Urban Settings
- Universal health coverage: Uniting in aims to create a healthier world