Impact Summit 2019
- Prague, Czechia
- Jun 07 - Jun 09, 2019
- 250 Delegates
- €65.00 Fee
Delegate Applications03 Jan 2019 - 30 Apr 2019
Delegation Applications03 Jan 2019 - 30 Apr 2019
This event is the first and only one of its kind. It is designed for prominent Youth Leaders who wish to engage in high profile discussions that relate to the UN agenda, in relation to the United Nations 2030 vision discussing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The event is expected to bring in multiple key guest speakers, including UN Officials, Ambassadors to the UN, famous MUN organization founders, and more. They will be a part of the audience that witnesses the results of the Impact Summit in the “Final Resolution”.
Impact Summit wants to make a platform for students to truly uncover their potential. This Summit is going to be special because it’s structure is rather extraordinary. Our aim is not to create a MUN conference where during the opening ceremony half of the students will be asleep and during the sessions, the majority of students will not be involved. We want to make radical changes and therefore we have adopted the American structure of debate which is fast-paced and will require students to think and debate rapidly. We want students to feel that their voices are on an equal base as those in real UN. Without change and without the implementation of new rules we can never achieve a significant Impact on our society.
Impact Summit will help students to realize that everybody can lead this world and become a true leader. The Summit is expected to have delegates from all over the world and is special in a way that there are no barriers to entry. We are open to high school, university students however also professionals in SDG fields such as representatives from foundations and NGOs. There might be borders in the world, but there are no borders between us, and let’s connect the world together. We hope to see everybody in Prague and we are looking forward to all delegates in September to help us shape Leaders of Tomorrow
During Impact Summit 2019 delegates will not represent a country, but themselves. By this change from regular Model United Nations Conference we want to give delegates the opportunity to express their own opinion, not of an designated country. During the conference all participants will have the opportunity to be part of entertaining workshops led by famous UN speakers from all around the world.
For more information check our website: https://impactsummitprg.com/
Rating3.71 out of 5
Impact 1 Committee
- Eliminating institutional discrimination against women and girls: improving access to education and public health services
- Eliminate gender-based violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres
Impact 2 Committee
- Eliminate violence against children: combating child marriages, female genital mutilation, and trafficking of persons
- Proposal frameworks to provide compensation, remuneration, and social security and services for unpaid care, domestic work and shared responsibility households
Impact 3 Committee
- Ensure women’s full and equal participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making in political, economic and public institutions
- Ensure universal access to sexual reproductive health and reproductive rights as agreed in accordance with the Program of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development and the Beijing Platform for Action and the outcome documents of their review conferences
Impact 4 Committee
- Undertake reforms to give women equal and equitable rights to economic resources, financial services, access to ownership and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance rights and natural resources, in accordance with international and domestic laws