Global Model NATO Summit
- Vancouver, Canada
- Jul 25 - Jul 30, 2016
- 100 Delegates
- $135.00 Fee
Delegate Applications01 May 2016 - 20 Jul 2016
Chair Applications01 May 2016 - 24 Jun 2016
Learning By Doing
FEE COVERS: Five nights at Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront (quad), Luncheon with Colonel Ian Hope, Formal Dinner with Canadian Minister of National Defence The Honourable Harjit Sajjan and conference fees.
Each committee will have two student chairs at the graduate level and an additional chair who is an acting or retired military officer at the commander or major rank, who has experience with NATO, including working at NATO HQ in Brussels, Belgium.
Chairs will work closely with their assigned military officer to administer and apply crisis scenarios which have been used by actual officers at NATO HQ and the Royal Belgian Military Academy in the past.
In collaboration with academic and military experts and NATO practitioners as mentors, representatives will be taking part in daily educational seminars and using their newfound knowledge to debate and learn in NATO simulations. Thus our mandate is: “Learning by Doing” as we are offering students a realistic opportunity to learn how Inter-governmental Organizations, like NATO, operate and educating participants with valuable leadership skills in national and international diplomatic, military and political settings. *PLEASE CONSULT COUNTRY MATRIX BEFORE SELECTING COUNTRY PREFERENCES, SEE BELOW*
Rating4.25 out of 5
Top Rated MUN
This is a Top Rated series of conferences - it has consistently been rated with 4 or more stars!
North Atlantic Council
- Russia and The Eastern Flank: Ukraine and the Baltic Region
- The Southern Rim: Libya, Syria, and Terrorism
Defence Policy and Planning Committee
- How can the alliance adapt in order to continue to fulfill its core tasks of collective self-defence, crisis management and cooperative security as set out in the 2010 Strategic Concept, in the light of evolving security challenges in the East and the South of the Alliance?
Andrea Noemi Erdös
Operations Policy Committee
- The Politics of Combatting so-called ISIS/Daesh
- Plausibility of NATO Military Action Against a Non–State Actor Outside The Alliance.
NATO Press Office
- Category One: Social Media (Two participants) - Will create content to be shared online - Will take photos and video for Twitter and Facebook platforms - Will craft Social Media Proposals and Outlines
- Category Two: Journalism via News Articles (Two participants) - Will interview individuals for a written event review - Will take photos that can be used in their articles - Will create multiple articles that give a grasp of the conference
- Category Three: Journalism via Broadcasting (Two part participants) - Will determine one participants for the reporter and one for the camera man/woman - Will work together to create valuable video content that reflects the events of the summit - Will interview individuals for final cinematography content