Georgia Model United Nations
- Tbilisi, Georgia
- Aug 06 - Aug 09, 2016
- 150 Delegates
- €55.00 Fee
Delegate Applications31 May 2016 - 25 Jul 2016
Observer Applications31 May 2016 - 20 Jul 2016
Delegation Applications31 May 2016 - 20 Jul 2016
It is a great honour and pleasure to welcome you to the first International Model United Nations in Georgia. Secretariat of GeoMUN 2016 invites you to join this movement of empowered students and come to Tbilisi, Georgia, to join the first International Model United Nations in Georgia, between the 6th and the 9th of August.
Model UN is a simulation of the United Nations, where participants role-play delegations in representing a country’s position on a certain topic. It gives students the opportunity to use their creativity to find a resolution to the problem while greatly enhancing their knowledge of geo-politics as well as their public speaking and debating skills.
Our conference will gather 200 delegates from dozens of different countries, coming from all over Europe and the world. These delegates will engage in enlightening debates in one of our 6 different committees. GeoMUN provides you with a wide range of possibilities of debates, in following committees: UN Security Council, UNESCO, UNHRC, UNICEF, DISEC, ECOFIN, UN CND. In each of our committees, our delegates will be challenged to think outside of the box and find solutions to the problems that permeate our society.
GeoMUN 2016 will be held in beautiful Tbilisi, Georgia – the crossroad of Europe and Asia. Closing Ceremony would be held in parliamentary capital of Georgia, Kutaisi, in the new parliament of Georgia and after 4 hard days of work, delegates could enjoy 3 days of partying at GEM-Fest (Georgian Electronic Music Festival) in sea-resort city Anaklia. We welcome you here, in the country with 3000 years of history and rich culture. Reaping from the benefit of our central location, GeoMUN also offers an amazing city trip which will happen before the conference itself, in Tbilisi and ex-capital of Georgia, Mtskheta. We also offer pub crawl event. Through the pub crawl, you will get to know more of our beautiful city through the best places to enjoy a conversation or a nice drink.
Through the four days conference, GeoMUN 2016 will bring together the motivated youth who will be the key Decision Makers of International Politics in the future. Through intense debates or enjoyable social program, we provide a platform for internationally oriented students to get to know each other and understand more about how the world we want to change actually works.
With this in mind, we hope that you will join this global movement for a remarkable experience on August 6-9, 2016 in Tbilisi, Georgia.
Registrations are open!
We are searching for highly motivated students as delegates and chairs in our 7 committees.
✔ Conference fee – 55€ for delegates. * Participation is FREE for Chairs and Volunteers
✔ What’s included in the conference fee 55€?
- Participation in GeoMUN 2016
- All Conference Materials
- Free Lunches and Coffee Breaks during the conference
- Free WiFi during sessions
- Free City Trips in Tbilisi and Mtskheta
- Georgian Cuisine Tasting
- Transportation to Kutaisi for Closing Ceremony
- 50 % off on GEM-Fest Tickets and free transportation to Anaklia
✔ Requirements: A completed application form Must be at least 16 years or older by the time of the conference (August 6 2016) * English Language Proficiency (as the conference will be held in English)
- For additional details please visit our web-site - www.GeoMUN.egi.ge
- Please do not hesitate to contact us - email@example.com +995 579 71 11 81
Rating4.19 out of 5
Top Rated MUN
This is a Top Rated series of conferences - it has consistently been rated with 4 or more stars!
- International Financial System and Development
- external Dept Sustainability and Development
- Protection of civilians in armed conflict
- Post-conflict peacebuilding
- Developments in the Field of Information and Telecommunications in the Context of International Security
- Nuclear disarmament
- Development and dissemination of international standards for the treatment of drug use disorders
- International cooperation against the world drug problem
- Threatening impacts of climatic, geological or other environmental factors on world heritage sites
- Promotion of cultural rights and respect for cultural diversity
- End violence online against children
- Sexual exploitation, trafficking and abuse engulfing the lives of children in refugee camps