FWWMUN NYC 2019
Future We Want Model United Nations NYC
- New York, United States
- Mar 01 - Mar 03, 2019
- 2600 Delegates
- €0.00 Fee
Delegate Applications14 Oct 2018 - 15 Jan 2019
The Conference Free of Charge
The Future We Want MUN NYC is the most inclusive and diverse conference in the world.It is more than a simple MUN, it gathers students from more than 130 countries, some directly selected through their government, with the aim to meet in New York and discuss the most pressing UN Topics.
Since its first edition, FWWMUN was able to attract some of the most prominent personalities in the realm of the world politics and diplomacy. Each committee was opened by an expert briefing attended by UN Officials, Diplomats and public figures of the academic world.
FWWMUN has become the first of its kind engaging youth on all the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. If you are coming outside the New York City area and require accommodation we are happy to inform you that we will cover 2 nights accommodation for the first 1500 delegates!
FWWMUN seeks to bring together future generations of leaders from all corners of the globe to gain first-hand experience in international relations, to produce high quality resolutions aimed at bringing about the Future We Want, and to submit these resolutions to relevant UN agencies and world leaders for consideration.
FWWMUN begins with a series of workshops with UN Officials and Diplomats about Youth Involvement, the SDGs and Leadership. Furthermore, during the first committee session, delegates will have the opportunity to engage at a High Level by benefitting from experts in their field on the committee topics.
It’s more than just MUN! Students don’t simulate the UN, they engage in actual debates that are critical to the UN agenda. The launch of the Youth Ambassador initiative is the only opportunity offered to young aspiring diplomats to continue to focus on the implementation of the SDGs at local levels, post conference.
Rating4.0 out of 5
Economic and Social Council
- High Level Political Forum - Implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
World Health Assembly
- Ensuring healthy lives and promoting well-being for all at all ages
- Rohingya Refugee Crisis
Disarmament and International Security
- Promotion of multilateralism in the area of disarmament and non-proliferation
- Countering the threat posed by improvised explosive devices
United Nations Security Council B
- Protection of civilians in armed conflict
- The situation in Libya
United Nations Environment Assembly
- Investing in innovative environmental solutions for accelerating the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Sustainable food systems including food security and eradication of hunger
Commission on the status of Women
- Access to public services and sustainable infrastructure for gender equality
- Social protection system for Women and Girls
The Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice
- Effective measures to prevent and counter the smuggling of migrants
- Responses to prevent and counter cybercrime in all its forms
Economic and Financial Committee
- Ensuring access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Promotion of international cooperation to combat illicit financial flows in order to foster sustainable development
United Nations Security Council A
- The situation concerning Western Sahara
- Peacebuilding and sustaining peace