Deutsche Schule Prag Model United Nations
- Prague, Czechia
- Jun 21 - Jun 24, 2019
- 175 Delegates
- €40.00 Fee
Delegate Applications13 Jan 2019 - 31 May 2019
Chair Applications01 Dec 2018 - 31 Jan 2019
Observer Applications01 Jan 2019 - 01 Jun 2019
Settling conflicts in the Middle East and South AsiaWe are proud to introduce you to the fourth edition of the Model UN conference at the German School of Prague. It will be held between the 21st and 24th of June 2019 and is open to all high school and undergraduate university students.
We believe that your diligent preparation and our hard work combined are sure to result in a conference unlike any other - better, bigger, and more interesting than the years before!
This year, we have also decided to offer a special discount - the early bird delegate fee - that will be available until February 28th. If you sign up early enough you will get 25% off (30€). From March the 1st, the regular delegate fee will be 40€.
Fees are to be paid by wire transfer to our bank account:
Name: Giulia Teufel
Account number: 1179804002/5500
IBAN: CZ18 5500 0000 0011 7980 4002
Bank: Raiffeisenbank a.s.
Amount due: €40/CZK1050 or €30/CZK800 for applications until including February 28th 2019.
Fees have to be paid within three weeks (15 work days) after acceptance.
Due to reasons beyond the Secretariat's control, the fees are non-refundable.
To keep up with all the news, make sure to follow our social media platforms, where we will regularly update you on the ongoings and planning of the conference.
Social, Cultural and Humanitarian Issues Committee (SOCHUM)
- Measures to protect victims of human trafficking in South Asia
- Improving the literacy rate among children and young women in South Asia and the Middle East
Human Rights Council (HRC)
- Elimination of childrens' forced marriages in South Asia
- Strengthening the freedoms of sexual orientation and gender identity in South Asia
Ha Vi Le
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- Preventing international drug trafficking in South East Asia
Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- Strengthening workers' rights in the Persian Gulf
- Addressing the issue of sustainable oil production in Saudi Arabia
Jakub Andrej Filčák
Special Political and Decolonization Committee (SPECPOL)
- Building lasting peace in Palestine on the foundation of the Israeli-Hamas ceasefire from November 2018
- Ensuring freedom of speech and expression in Arab countries
Security Council (SC)
- The issue of Turkish - Kurdish tensions and a threat of an open conflict
Historical Security Council (HSC)
- The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, 1948