Model African Union Bayreuth
- Bayreuth, Germany
- May 19 - May 22, 2018
- 130 Delegates
An Empowering Africa in a Globalized World
We, the Model African Union Bayreuth Association established the Model African Union Conference in Bayreuth, which took place the first time in April 2016. The reactions coming from the participants were overwhelming and so the MAU Bayreuth association decided to build a team, the MAU Secretariat 2018, that should develop, and also reinvent this conference.
The third Model African Union Bayreuth Conference (BAYMAU18) from 18-22 May opens its doors at the University of Bayreuth and will host around 130 delegates from all over the world. The motto of this year’s BAYMAU18 Conference is „Empowerment. The Potential of an Empowering Africa in a globalized world“ and will lead among other things to versatile discussions around the empowerment of marginalized, vulnerable social groups in Africa.
Before the conference, with its sessions in 5 different committees, there will be a rich framework program with cultural activities and different workshops.
We can happily confirm, that his Excellency Mehreteab Mulugeta, General Consul of the Federal Republic of Ethiopia, his Excellency, Monyemangene George, General Consul of the Republic of South Africa and Dr. Helmut Schmidt, Honorary Consul of the Republic of Mali will attend our conference.
Could we raise your interest? Then we hope to see you soon in Bayreuth!
Permanent Representatives Committee
- The EU-AU Relationship: Opportunities and Challenges
- Achieving Political Unity, Freedom of Movement and Economic Integration in Africa
Specialised Technical Committee on Gender Equality and Women Empowerment
- Accelerating Women’s Agency and Leading Role in Politics, Public Office and the Judiciary
- Communicating the role of family planning amongst Africa’s youth
Peace and Security Council
- Child Soldiers in African Countries
Committee of African Heads of State and Government on Climate Change
- Leveraging Africa´s Opportunities to Renewable Energies
- Gender Equality In The Context Of Climate Change
Economic, Social and Cultural Council
- Addressing the Role of Foreign Investments in Africa
- Eliminating Youth Unemployment to Empower the Driving Force Behind the Continent’s Transformation